Hello, everybody~
It's been a few days, so I'm writing this post, even though there's nothing specific I intend to talk about.
School is going well. It's still tiring and classes are becoming boring. But it's fun, anyway because of between-class time and friends.
This week the exchange students start Korean and Taekwondo classes. I am very excited for that, even though it means leaving school early. I am so ready to learn Korean more quickly. It's frustrating not being able to start or maintain a conversation, or know the vocabulary to comment on something. My problem is that I really enjoy learning grammar (that's probably a problem in more ways than one), but I never know which vocabulary words to learn. So, even if I know how to conjugate the verbs and create the structure of a sentence, my limited vocabulary only takes me so far. Hopefully Korean class will help. Also, I'm interested to try Taekwondo. As we have established, sports are not my strong point. However, I've never tried anything even close to martial art, so I'll keep you posted on that.
Today we ate a lot of "Western" food. μλ§ (host mom) and I went to Lotte Department Store for lunch and ate at a super cute Italian restaurant. It had a garden-y style: pink and green colors and chandeliers and fencing and "pavilions" and flowers and it was just so lovely. Charlotte and Olivia, if you are reading this, you would have adored the place! I really, really wanted to take a picture, but there were a ton of people there, so it seemed that it would be weird to do so. Restaurants and cafes here are often extremely well-decorated and creative. Like the cafes in dramas - they actually do look like that. We had two different kinds of spaghetti. So yummy. So familiar. For dinner our family went to Pizza Hut. They have those here. I have never even gone to Pizza Hut in America, though, so this was a totally new experience. In my French class this past school year, our teacher showed us photos of pizza from around the world (can't quite remember how that topic came up in class) and she pointed out Korean pizza to me, suggesting that I try it, as it seemed interesting. Indeed, interesting it is. There were options such as "bbq chicken pizza," "bulgogi (Korean beef recipe) pizza," pizza with "cheese bites" as the crust, pizza drizzled with creamy dressings, etc. Ah, here we go: Google in Korean images of "pizza"(νΌμ - almost same pronunciation as "pizza"). Suddenly American pizza seems somewhat healthy. Hehe. Also worth noting, I used a fork twice today! They almost don't exist here, it seems. So, that means that in the past three weeks, I've used a fork exactly three times (the other time being in my first few days here when I tried to eat super slippery noodles with chopsticks at a Chinese restaurant and it just wasn't working, so my host father asked a waitress to give me a fork).
Well, that's a lot about food. Somehow I've been very hungry this weekend, even though I've mostly just been studying - Hooray for correspondence English class.
And now I'm tired. Sorry this wasn't more intriguing. Well, goodnight, good morning, good afternoon, whatever it is in your part of the world!
Gracie my love I miss you so much! I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to go on this big adventure(ok. enough of that. I'm such a mom)I love reading about what you've been up to! You make me laugh. The other day Ms. Pov walked into our psychology room(Ollie and I have it 8th period together)and said "where are those girls!?" and then proceeded to give ollie her flashdrive from our oh so fun johnstown flood project, that she apparently still had. So I'm sure you wanted to know about that very interesting transaction. Um yeah. Tell me when I'm allowed to write to you. You can say in one of your blogs "Charlotte, write to me right now!" or some such thing and i will write to you right then. Or don't say that. Oh. Also, I've decided that when i have my own house i will have wallpaper in at least one of the rooms. So yeah. Love you!!! Praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte!! I've so loved hearing from you and Olivia :) Miss and love you guys~ Hehe...the wallpaper in our apartment here is so pretty!! You may send me an email anytime to my school email or my other address if you have it. I promise to reply to you. Or maybe I'll email you first with a picture of the wallpaper! Hope you're well and enjoying school~
DeleteSounds lovely! It reminds me of all of our teas! Gotta love spaghetti!
ReplyDelete