Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Photo Update

 While I'm at it, here's a glimpse of what I've been doing and discovering around Busan, more or less in chronological order. I'm really spoiled to be in Busan; there is a good balance of things to do and accessibility. The photos are really random, but they capture some very precious memories for me. Enjoy!


Korea has no shortage of adorable places like these, which I have been so excited to discover. Even if they are expensive, it is nice just to know that one lives in a place charming enough to have little shops like these all over. Red Velvet is a cupcake shop and the image below is of a bakery. Both are in Nampo-dong, Busan. 



✿✿✿✿✿



Studying in Paris Baguette Café and playing with the mirrored ceiling.
A common scene for us.


✿✿✿✿✿


Despite our ridiculous rental gear and beginner vests,
skiing for the first time was quite fun. It wasn't even too cold!

✿✿✿✿✿


I was first told to check out this neighborhood, Gamcheon Cultural Village (감천 문화 마을) for a Korean class homework assignment, but enjoyed it so much that I ended up going back. It is a village in Busan that has been, and continues to be, decorated by artists. The people who live there do not seem to be wealthy, but the beautiful artsy vibe of their community draws plenty of "local tourism." There is even a scavenger hunt set up by the community center to find several specifically decorated areas within the village.

Walls are painted with arrows like this to designate the paths through the village.


Art works like these are installed along the paths

Some buildings are unoccupied and turned into scavenger hunt
destinations like this one. Here you could post a note on the wall.

✿✿✿✿✿


Having lots of fun in Taekwondo class
while waiting for the professor to arrive :)

✿✿✿✿✿


On the last day of first grade with some of the girls from our class.
So many wonderful memories in that classroom


✿✿✿✿✿

Making chocolates for our friends for Valentines Day





1 comment:

  1. looks like a lot of fun! would love to visit South Korea one day! and you guys look adorable in the skiing gears! ^_^

    ReplyDelete