Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

한국에 잘 도착했습니다~!!!

I have arrived in Korea!

Despite its duration (14 hours or so), the flight went really well and was comfortable. It really didn't seem quite that long.

Now I'm writing from Incheon Airport, near Seoul, rated the 'Best Airport in the World' since 2005. It's very nice here. As in, I got out of transfer security and the first store I saw was Burberry... and then Charlie Brown Cafe :) I'm in Korea~

There are a few hours until my next flight (to Busan, only a 1-hour flight) this evening. I'll probably walk around a bit to see this place. My students (in America I'm an ESL tutor for Korean students) have told me over and over how great Incheon Airport is. Looks fabulous so far!

So, in about 4.5 hours I'll meet my host family. Our Rotary Chair, and the couple that was originally going to host me are also coming to the airport, which is really nice.

I'm so glad to be in Korea. I was beyond ready to come here. I just cannot believe it's true. Everything is in Korean (and there's so much English...there are so many foreigners...)  Everyone (well, like 90%) is soooo well-dressed. It's quite clean and feels very refreshing. Like a dream~ ~


I promised my brother I'd take photos from the airplane. Really luckily, I got a window seat. So, here are a few that I have from the first flight. The sun was brightly shining the whole way here (until we got below clouds). It was just so beautiful.

  
We flew for miles over totally untouched land like this.
To me, this looks like ice on the sea. Gorgeous.
As we approached Incheon, it was really cloudy,
which made for a stunning view from this angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment